John F. Kennedy was the 35th president of America and is also known as JFK.
17 Interesting Facts about JFK
- JFK was born on 29th May, 1917 in Brookline, Massachusetts.
2. He was assassinated and died on 22nd November 1963 in Texas.
3. He was raised by his wealthy parents. His father, Joseph Kennedy was a prominent political figure in the history of the United States. He always wanted his son to become the president of America and worked tirelessly for his success.
4. His parents were Joseph Patrick Kennedy and Fitzgerald Kennedy,
5. He had 8 siblings including 5 sisters and 3 brothers.
6. JFK married Jacqueline Bouvier in 1953 and they also had four children but only two of them survived.
7. He graduated from Harvard College.
8. In 1961 he became the president of America and served for only two years until 1963.
9. During his time as a president and as a statesman, JFK donated all of his salary to the poor and to charity.
10. He was 43 years old when he was inaugurated as the 35th president.
11. He wrote only 5 sentences in his application to Harvard.
12. JFK was the fourth president to be assassinated and is one of the 8 presidents to die in office.
13. John F. Kennedy was the first Catholic President.
14. He also installed a taping system secretly in the white house in 1962.
15. JFK, C.S Lewis and Aldous Huxley died on the same day.
16 Million US dollars were paid by the US government to the Zapruder Family for the film of John F. Kennedy assassination.
17. He also brought 1200 cigars from Cuba a few hours before signing an Embargo against Cuba.
You might enjoy reading my article on Abraham Lincoln.