Monkeys are simply curious animals and are also considered popular exotic pets. Here are some facts about monkeys.
17 Facts about Monkeys
- The smallest monkey in the world can hide behind your coffee cup; it is about 6 inches tall.
- Albert II was the first monkey to land on moon.
- The largest monkey can be up to 3 feet tall and can weight average of 77 pounds.
- Monkeys spend a long time in grooming; one of the most amazing facts about monkeys for kids is that they help each other in removing items from their fur.
- Arboreal are the only type of monkeys who lives their entire life on trees.
- Only Tails differentiate monkeys from APES.
- Monkey is also a part of Buddhism and Hinduism religion.
- Monkeys live in groups.
- Some type of monkeys can also howl, yet their howl is very loud and can be heard up to 10 miles away.
- Howler Monkey is the only type that spends 80% of its life sleeping or resting.
- One of the interesting monkey facts indicates that they are easy to train and are extremely intelligent and social.
- Monkeys have a great ability to grasp anything with both their toes and fingers.
- Monkeys communicate with each other using face expressions and hand gestures.
- Monkeys are the only civilized animals living on this planet after humans.
- Spider monkeys can walk on with two legs on a thin branch of tree.
- As we all know they love bananas.
- Owl Monkey is a type that sleeps all day.
10 Unique Types of Monkeys
Here is a list of the 10 most unique types of monkeys:
- Spider Monkey
- Blue Monkey
- Squirrel Monkey
- Howler Monkey
- Vervet Monkey
- Capuchin Monkey
- Japanese Macaque