22 Facts about Monday
- Monday is the best day to buy a new car. Studies have shown that some people will avoid buying a car on a weekend, as these are the busiest days for car salespeople.
This means people will buy cars on Mondays as they’re often guaranteed to get more of the salesperson’s time and attention, and thus a better deal.
2. Another positive fact about Mondays is that it is statistically the most likely day that the U.S. Stock Market will rise, rather than fall.
3. But it’s not all happiness on Mondays – a study conducted by Marmite in 2011 showed that the average U.K. person won’t crack a smile until 11:16 A.M.
4. It has also been found that the productivity of workers is at its all-time low on Mondays. With people being up to 30% less productive on a Monday, it it shown they often only manage 3.5 hours of work throughout the day.
5. Monday is the day of the week when most people do their online shopping. I’d hazard a guess to say that’s a lot of unproductive, demotivated, bored employees shopping online at work!
6. The name for Monday comes from the Old English word “Mōnandæg,” and the Middle English “Monenday.” It is originally a translation of Latin “dies lunae” meaning “day of the Moon.”
7. In the U.K., “Monday” is a slang term used to describe a large and heavy sledgehammer.
8. The Boomtown Rats song I Don’t Like Mondays was inspired by a shooting spree in America by killer Brenda Spencer. When questioned by the police about her motivations for the murder spree she answered ‘I don’t like Mondays.’
9. In 2012 and 2018, there were 53 Mondays in the year. This occurrence won’t happen again until 2024.
10. Monday is the only day of the week that is an anagram for single word, that word being ‘dynamo’.
11. A study in 2011 showed that the average person moans for 34 minutes on a Monday, compared to the 22 minutes on other days.
12. Even if you maintain a steady weight, scientists have found that Monday is the day of the week when you will weigh the most.
13. On a Monday, almost 50% of employees are late to work.
14. Professionals over 40 are the biggest demographic to suffer more stress on a Monday.
15. Socializing is part of the reason why Mondays suck so much. Researchers have found that being away from a work-related social group for a weekend makes us feel like we need to secure our place in our social work environment.
The same researchers also say that because of this, Monday morning gossiping at work is an important aspect of helping us get through the day.
16. A study once revealed the best ways to get over the “Monday Blues” are by watching TV, online shopping, buying chocolate, and planning a holiday.
17. Monday is commonly considered “suicide day,” being the day of the week where the most people take their own lives.
18. “Heart attack day” also takes place on Monday’s when there is a marked 20% increase of heart attacks.
19. Surprisingly, Mondays are the least rainy day of the week. Although the exact science behind this is unknown, researchers believe it is due to the decrease in man-made pollution over the weekend.
20. When scientists recorded emotions of people in each day, they found Monday to be no different from Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
However, when they asked people to remember which day was the most stressful they will always say Monday. This is due to a larger emotional shift from Sunday to Monday than there is between Tuesday and Wednesday.
21. Mondays are the most sleep deprived day. According to scientists, the extra sleep you get on a weekend makes you worse off on a Monday, as it throws off your body clock. When you wake up early on Monday, it’s more of a shock than waking up any other weekday.
22. You look less attractive on a Monday. Or at least you think you do. One study showed that American people of all ages feel at their least attractive on a Monday.
Check out my posts on facts about the internet, intimate questions to ask your partner, interesting facts about Batman, fun facts about Disneyland, facts about Nike, facts about Monday, facts about Tuesday, facts about Wednesday, facts about Thursday, facts about Friday, facts about Saturday, facts about Sunday, facts about tattoos, Halloween traditions around the world, facts about graffiti, facts about Adidas, facts about Drones, interesting facts about Marijuana, Most powerful Marvel characters, wtf fun facts, interesting Disney facts, interesting facts about vampires, interesting facts about California, interesting facts about Jackie Robinson, Facts about the Mona Lisa, interesting facts about the Bermuda Triangle and facts about the piano.