Monkeys are simply curious animals and are also considered as popular exotic pets, there are many interesting and weird monkey facts for kids that you may love learning.
Monkey Facts For Kids
- The Smallest Monkey in the world can hide behind your coffee cup; it is about 6 inches tall.
- Albert II was the first monkey to land on moon.
- The largest monkey can be up to 3 feet tall and can weight average of 77 pounds.
- Monkeys spend a long time in grooming; one of the most amazing facts about monkeys for kids is that they help each other in removing items from their fur.
- Arboreal are the only type of monkeys who lives their entire life on trees.
- Only Tails differentiate monkeys from APES.
- Monkeys live in groups.
- Some type of monkeys can also howl, yet their howl is very loud and can be heard up to 10 miles away.
- Howler Monkey is the only type that spends 80% of its life sleeping or resting.
- One of the interesting monkey facts indicates that they are easy to train and are extremely intelligent and social.
- Monkeys have a great ability to grasp anything with both their toes and fingers.
- Monkeys communicate with each other using face expressions and hand gestures.
- Monkeys are the only civilized animals living on this planet after humans.
- Spider monkeys can walk on with two legs on a thin branch of tree.
- As we all know They Love Bananas.
- Owl Monkey is a type that sleeps all day.
You may also like reading: Bermuda Triangle Facts and Myths
10 Unique Types of Monkeys
Here is a list of 10 most unique types of monkeys:
- Spider Monkey
- Blue Monkey
- Squirrel Monkey
- Howler Monkey
- Vervet Monkey
- Capuchin Monkey
- Japanese Macaque
List of Important Monkey Facts for Kids
In the image below, the most informative and interesting monkey facts for kids are given that you may be willing to learn.