Interesting Facts about Science
- Did you know that pickles can glow in the darkness when you apply an electric current to them? This is because the salt water in the pickle acts as a conductor which allows the current to flow.
2. Our solar system rotates around the galaxy just like the earth rotates around the sun. It takes 225-million years for our solar system to go come back to the same location where it started. That means that the last time we were in our current position, dinosaurs were babies.
3. Wind on Neptune can break the Sound Barrier because the speed of wind on Neptune is fast enough to reach the speed of sound.
4. The sun is 3 million times greater than the earth.
5. It rains Sulphuric Acid and snows metal on Venus.
6. Scientists discover 42 new species every upcoming day.
7. Whenever you awake from a long sleep your brain has the ability to generate electricity that can light a 40 Watt bulb for 24 hours.
8. Eggs behave like a bouncy ball when you put them in vinegar for a while. By doing so the eggshell dissolves and the egg becomes clear.
10. It rains diamonds on Uranus.
11, The amount of DNA in the human body is very large. It could stretch it from the sun to Pluto and back 7 times.
12. The human brain is 80% water.
13. Our universe is made of 50,000 million galaxies and there are between 100,00 million and 1,000,00 million stars in a single galaxy.
14. In the Milky Way there could be 10 Million planets like earth.
15. A single lightning bolt has the energy to light up 100,000 light bulbs.
16. Bees have 5 eyes, two we usually see on the front and the other 3 eyes are on the top of the bee’s head.
17. The acid in the human stomach is very strong, it can even dissolve steel blades.
18. The second largest planet in the solar system, Saturn, has a surface that can float on water.
19. Your brain is 50% more active at night.
20. The Great Wall of China is the only thing on earth that can be seen from space.
21. 32 light-years away from our solar system, there is an exoplanet that is completely covered in burning ice.
22. Beer is radioactive.