There are hundreds of interesting facts about William Shakespeare, the greatest writer world has ever known, let me tell you some of the most amazing and interesting William Shakespeare facts that turned him from an actor to a legend.
William Shakespeare’s Biography
William Shakespeare was an English poet and one of the greatest authors of all time, he was born in Stratford upon Avon, United Kingdom, his actual birthday is unanswered but most of the authors believe that he was born on 15 April 23rd, 1564. He was the son of John and Marry Shakespeare; he would have been provided an extraordinary education in Latin grammar and the classics.
Some Rise by sin…. and some by virtual fall
William is widely regarded as a greatest writer in the English language ever existed. And there are many amazing facts behind William Shakespeare’s success.
Key To His Success
He started his career as an actor in play write as a member of the actors group in “The Kings Company”, after few years this company achieved many success until they eventually built the famous Globe Theater, their very first own stage. As there were only male members in the company, every role had to be played by men but that was not the reason why Shakespeare’s plays like Othello or Hamlet were very popular.
To match the various tastes of the audience, Shakespeare created text of high complexity containing relatively simple plots as well as complex turns. Being the key to his success, his stories also contained multiple characters, twists and lots of confusions containing something for everyone in the audience. So, it wasn’t
Famous Plays of William Shakespeare
Here is a list of 10 most famous play writes of William Shakespeare’s”
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- As You Like It
- Romeo and Juliet
- King Lear
- Henry V
- Richard II
- Love’s Labour’s Lost
- Timon of Athens
- Sir John Oldcastle
Interesting William Shakespeare Facts
Here is a list of most interesting facts about William Shakespeare that you probably don’t know.
Stay close to anything that makes you glad you are alive…. “William Shakespeare”
- In 1592 his work was criticized by another play write which documented his career, although it is unknown when he began writing.
- Around 1859 to 1860 Shakespeare wrote his first play named:”Henry VI”.
- To many people he was a keen businessman.
- He was probably educated in the local grammar school and then there is no record of him until he married “Anne Hathaway” in 1582.
- The years 1599 to 1601 were the most important part in Shakespeare’s life, because during this time he wrote one of his famous compositions, The Play Hamlet, it would be the most popular plays ever known to the world.
- All the while there is a more sensitive side of William, not as a play write or author but as a poet, His first poem was published in 1609 and the words touched the hearts of the world making William one of the best poets ever.
- One of the most interesting facts about William Shakespeare explains that he also created many of the new words that never existed before. He has been credited by the oxford English dictionary as introducing more than 3000 words in to the English language.
- William Shakespeare is the inventor of the word “Assassination”.
- Globe was the name of the theater which makes William Shakespeare a wealthy man.
- His works consists of some 38 plays, 154 sonnets and many other poems, his plays have been translated into many of the modern languages and his plays are been performed more than any other play write in history.
- The most famous poem of Shakespeare was the “Fairy Song”.
- Words “Fashionable” and “Eyeball” are also the creation of William Shakespeare.
Suicide in Literature
A very astonishing and unknown cause behind mysterious facts about William Shakespeare indicates that in his plays there are 13 suicides recorded. He ended many love stories with a suicide in his very famous plays.
The number suicides recorded in William Shakespeare’s plays are:
2 in Romeo and Juliet
3 in Julius Caesar
1 in Hamlet
1 in Macbeth
5 in Antony and Cleopatra
Weird facts About William Shakespeare: William Shakespeare Facts
Here are some weird facts about William Shakespeare:
- William Shakespeare had seven siblings, two of whom were named JOHN and they were born a year apart. Two baby girls with same name really make this fact weird for Shakespeare.
- Shakespeare never spelled his name Shakespeare in the documents, the spellings were totally different.
- In 1613 the Globe Theater burned during the performance of Shakespeare’s play, it seems weird because it was a play managed to burn down his own theater.
- William Shakespeare works have been translated in to over 80 languages, and the weirdest of all was that Shakespeare was also translated into Klingon.
- At first Shakespeare never actually published any of his plays, two of his friends published 36 of his plays in an edition called “First Folio”. His plays began to be published in 1594 and by 1598 his name starts appearing on the title pages of the works.
If these facts about william Shakespeare were amazing to you then you should also read some most popular and amazing posts on:
William Shakespeare died in 1616 at the age of 52, but his plays are still performed today and amaze audiences. His stories have found their way in to many of today’s movies, books and even music.