Scientists say that without Jupiter we wouldn’t exist. This is because it has a very strong gravitational field that acts as a vacuum cleaner of sorts to pul in all the things that could destroy the entire solar system, including the earth.
Interesting Facts about Jupiter
- Planet Jupiter is the fifth planet from the sun
2. Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system
3. Jupiter has a Radius of: 69,911 Km
4. It was the first planet formed in a solar system.
5. Planet Jupiter has 67 moons
6. Ganymede is the largest moon of Jupiter and the 6th largest moon in the solar system
7. Ganymede is the only moon in the solar system to have its own magnetic field
8. Ganymede is larger than Mercury
9. Jupiter has more than 400 active volcanoes
10. It would take 1400 earths to fill up the volume of Jupiter.
11. Jupiter is made of gas
12. Clouds on Jupiter are 50km thick.
13. The probability of water on Jupiter is only 1%
14. Jupiter’s Great Red Spot is actually a cyclone storm that is larger than the earth
15. It takes 12 earth years for Jupiter to complete one revolution around the sun.
16. The interior of Jupiter is made of metal, rock and hydrogen compound.
17. Jupiter’s speed of rotation is faster than any other planet.
18. A day on Jupiter lasts only 9 hours and 55 minutes.
19. Jupiter has 4 thin rings but we can’t see them due to their thickness.
20. The weight of Jupiter is 318 times that of Earth.
21. Jupiter is bigger than all the asteroids, planets, moons and comets combined according to NASA.
22. The Magnetic field on Jupiter is very stong; if you landed on it you would weigh 3 times more than you do on earth.
23. Due to its composition and size it is believed that Jupiter is a failed star in our solar system.