- Although he has many adoring fans, lots of Pokémon lovers dislike Ash Ketchum as they believe he is a bad Pokémon trainer.
- However, the fact he has defeated four of the legendary Pokémon means that he has, in fact, had several impressive achievements.
- It’s difficult to say who the favorite Pokémon of Ash Ketchum would be, since this is never clearly stated in the comics. Most fans believe it is either the famous Pikachu or the loyal Goodra.
- When Pokémon Go took the world by storm in 2016, Hollywood wanted to produce a live-action movie which would not include Ash Ketchum.
- The only video game Ash has appeared in is the Pokémon Puzzle League, way back in 2000 when the Nintendo 64 was on the top of everyone’s Christmas list.
- Although Ash has been compared to the character Red many times, he isn’t strongly based on him. Red was one of the greatest trainers ever, while Ash is a mere mortal!
- His mother is called Delia Ketchum, but we are never told the name of his father. His mother once wanted to be a Pokémon trainer too, but when she fell pregnant with Ash, started running the family restaurant instead.
- Veronica Taylor, as well as voicing Ash himself, also voiced his mother Delia for the duration of her time on the show.
- Clefairy almost became the character that Pokémon fans grew to know and love, but during the development stages, producers thought Pikachu would be a better choice for Ash’s iconic Pokémon.
- The reason Pikachu became Ash’s main character was because yellow is brighter and more noticeable, particularly since the comic was aimed at children.
- His was the pitcher on his basketball team, which probably explains his great technique at throwing Pokéballs.
- Gary Oak wasn’t always the enemy of Ash Ketchum. They used to be very good friends until they had a fight over who would keep a Pokéball.
- Ash never received a Squirtle since he overslept, and he ended up with Pikachu since this was the only Pokémon left.
- After winning at the Battle Pyramid, Ash could have become a Frontier Brain, but declined the offer.
- Ash’s favorite color is dark green.
So now you know the most fun facts about Pokémon’s Ash Ketchum – you’ll be amazed at what else you recognize when you go back and watch the series again!
(Visited 159 times, 1 visits today)