Today we have got some amazing and interesting facts about Mexico to blow your mind. These fun facts about Mexico are rare to find and awesome to read. Have fun and share this site Interesting Facts with your friends.
Mexico was conquered and colonized by Spain in the early 16th century. Then Mexico won its independence in the early 19th century, a historic event still celebrated by Mexicand every September 16th. As of 2014 , Mexico has a population of 120 million people, therefore in conclusion makes the country ranked the 11th most populated country in the world. Mexico is the largest Spanish speaking country in the world. Therefore Spanish is not the only language spoken in Mexico. There are over 68 other indigenous (native) languages still spoken in Mexico, but only 1% of the population speaks these languages.
You should also consider reading: Psychological Facts about love
Interesting Facts about Mexico
Today we have got a very cool topic in the category of interesting facts. Today i am going to tell you 100 fun facts about mexico that will blow your mind for sure.
- The official name of Mexico is Estados Unidos Mexicanis (United Mexican States)
- Mexican tamale called the Zacahuil is three feet long and weights about 150 pounds.
- Mexico introduced chocolate (cacao),corn,Tequila and chilies to the world.
- Mexico is home to a very rare rabbit call the volcano rabbit which lives near Mexican.
- The largest wildcat in North America is the jaguar,which can be found in Mexico’s southern jungles.
- The first printing press in North America was used in Mexico City in 1539.
- National University of Mexico was founded in 1552 by Charles V of Spain and is the oldest university in North America.
- Millions of monarch butterflies migrate to Mexico every year from the U.S and Canada, so the logging operations are rapidly destroying their habitat.
- One of the best fun facts about mexico explains that the boarder between Mexico and the United States is the second largest boarder in the world.
- Mexico is the second only to Brazil in the number of Catholic citizens.
- Mexican children do not receive presents on Christmas Day.They receive gifts on January 6,the day on which Mexicans celebrate the arrival of the Three Wise Men.
Rather than interesting facts about mexico, you should also read: Interesting Albert Einstein Facts
Interesting Facts about Mexico City
- Interesting mexico city facts tells you that Mexico is located in the “Ring of Fire” one of the earth most violent earthquake and volcano zones.
- Mexico city is built over the ruins of a great Aztec city ,Tenochtitlan.
- The Chihuahua is the world’s smallest dog and is named for Mexican state.
- Mexico’s size is 756,066 square miles,which is almost three times larger than Texas.
- Only ten countries in the world have a larger population than Mexico’s 112,000,000 million people.
- Some cool facts about Mexico city tells that it has the highest evasion and is oldest city in North America.
- Mexico is the 14th largest country in the world by total area.
- Modern Mexicans are a unique blend of many ancient civilization and the Olmex, Zapotec, Toltec, Maya, Aztec, African, French and Spanish.
- The First great civilization in Mexico were the Olmecs (1400-300 B.C) who established many cities along the eastern coast of Mexico,sculpted the famous Colossal Heads,and worshipped a mysterious,unnamed God that was part human and part jaguar.
- The Zapotec civilization (600 B.C-A.D.800) established great cities along southern Mexico and developed the first writing system in Americas.
- Which was an actual hornet’s nest thrown at enemies during battle.
- Snakes appear repeatedly in Mexican mythology,from the serpent god kukulcan which can be found the side of the children Itza pyramid to the feathered serpend god,Quetzalcoatl.
Interesting Facts about New Mexico
- You may not believe this amazing fact about mexico that during an Aztec human sacrifice. Five priests, sometimes with their painted with different colors, held the sacrificial victims, arms and legs. The heart , probably referred to as “precious eagle cactus fruit” was cut from the live victim and burned on a fire in the temple.
- The Aztecs played ritual ball game known as Tlachtli in which the losers were often sacrificed to the gods.
- The largest city in North America is Mexico city, and this is because of Mexico.
- It is the largest and well recognized country in the United States.
- The longest river in the North America is known as Mississippi River located in Mexico.
- One of the most cool and interesting facts about new mexico city shows that; Lake superior is the largest fresh water lake in the world. It is located on the boarder between the United states and Canada.
- As the Country of Greenland is the biggest island on the planet present in Mexico city.
- The North America and South America continents are thought to have been named after Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci.
Fun Facts about Mexico For Kids
We have also got some fun facts about Mexico for kids. Chocolate is a raw processed food produced from the seed of the tropical cacao tree. Cacao has been cultivated for at least three millennia in México, Central and South America . Its earliest documented use is around 1100 BC. The majority of Mesoamerican people made chocolate beverages, and the Aztecs. They made it into a beverage known as xocolatl, a Nahuatl word meaning “Bitter water”. The seeds of the cacao tree have an intense bitter taste, and must be fermented to develop the flavor.
If you like this article “Interesting facts about mexico” then share it with others on social media.